Title: Principal Investigator E-mail: email@example.com
Viruses regulate and remodel cellular system and micro-environment to facilitate efficient viral replication, to evade host sensing and to control the fate of an infected cell. Understanding these manipulation strategies employed by viruses provide opportunities to develop antivirals to intervene viral infection. In our group, we use several OMICs technologies to screen host factors that are regulated by viral infection and have direct association with viral proteins. Modern imaging technologies will then be applied to monitor the selected virus-host interactions in live and in situ. Complementary functional analysis will be employed to investigate the functional mechanisms involved in different stages of viral replication. HIV-1 and emerging bunyaviruses (SFTSV, RVFV, CCHFV, etc) are the model viruses that we are currently studying.
1. Shufen Li#, Yulan Zhang#, Zhenqiong Guan#, Huiling Li, Meidi Ye, Xi Chen, Jun Shen, Yiwu Zhou, Zhengli Shi, Peng Zhou*, Peng K *. SARS-CoV-2 triggers inflammatory responses and cell death through caspase-8 activation. Signal Transduction and Targeted Therapy. 2020. 5(1):235.
2. Min Huang, Qing-Bin Lu, Han Zhao, Yulan Zhang, Zhiwei Sui, Liqun Fang, Di Liu, Xiulian Sun, Peng K*, Wei Liu* and Wuxiang Guan*. Temporal antibody responses to SARS-CoV-2 in patients of coronavirus disease 2019. Cell Discovery. 2020. 6:64
3. Shufen Li#, Hao Li#, YuLan Zhang, Qi-Lin Xin, Zhen-Qiong Guan, Xi Chen Xiao-Ai Zhang, Xiao-Kun Li, Geng-Fu Xiao, Pierre-Yves Lozach, Jun Cui, Wei Liu * Lei-Ke Zhang* and Peng K*. SFTSV Infection Induces BAK/BAX-Dependent Mitochondrial DNA Release to Trigger NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation.Cell Reports. 2020. 30(13):4370-4385.
4. Li H#, Zhang LK#, Li SF, Zhang SF, Wan WW, Zhang YL, Xin QL, Dai K, Hu YY, Wang ZB, Zhu XT, Fang YJ, Cui N, Zhang PH, Yuan C, Lu QB, Bai JY, Deng F, Xiao GF, Liu W*, Peng K*. Calcium channel blockers reduce severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome virus related fatality. Cell Research. 2019. 29(9):739-753.
5. Bejarano DA#, Peng K#*, Laketa V, Borner K, Jost KL, Lucic B, Glass B, Lusic M, Müller B, Krausslich HG*. HIV-1 nuclear import in macrophages is regulated by CPSF6-capsid interactions at the nuclear pore complex. eLIFE. 2019. 8: e41800.
6. Li S, Zhu X, Guan Z, Huang W, Zhang Y, Kortekaas J, Lozach PY, Peng K*. NSs filament formation is important but not sufficient for RVFV. Viruses. 2019. 11(9): E834.
7. Novikova M#, Zhang Y#, Freed EO*, Peng K*. Multiple Roles of HIV-1 Capsid during the Virus Replication Cycle. Virologica Sinica. 2019. 34(2):119-134.