Title: Principal Investigator E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Guan obtained his BSc in Clinical Medicine (2000) and MSc in Virology (2003) from Tongji Medical University. His PhD was awarded by Institute of Viral Disease Control and Prevention, Chinese CDC (2006).
Dr. Guan did research in University of Kansas Medical Center (2007-2009), in Stowers Institute of Medical Research (2010-2012) before joining WIV in 2012. His research focuses on understanding the mechanism of DNA replication of virus, alternative polyadenylation regulation of viral mRNA and 3’ end biogenesis of noncoding RNA.
1) Min Huang, Qing-Bin Lu, Han Zhao, Yulan Zhang, Zhiwei Sui, Liqun Fang, Di Liu, Xiulian Sun, Ke Peng, Wei Liu, Wuxiang Guan,Temporal antibody responses to SARS-CoV-2 in patients of coronavirus disease 2019.Cell Discov.Published: 15 September 2020.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41421-020-00209-2
2) Danna Tu, Junhua Shu, Xiaoli Wu, Heng Li, Zhi Xia, Yanfang Zhang, Yaohui Fang, Shu Shen, Wuxiang Guan, Hualin Wang, Zhaoxuan Huang, Guirong Wang, Xiaoqin Zhou, Fei DengJ Infect.Immunological detection of serum antibodies in pediatric medical workers exposed to varying levels of SARS-CoV-2.Published: 25 July 2020
3) Jia Hu, Chengfeng Lei, Zhen Chen, Weihua Liu, Xujuan Hu, Rongjuan Pei, Zhengyuan Su, Fei Deng, Yu Huang, Xiulian Sun1, Junji Cao , Wuxiang Guan .Distribution of Airborne SARS-CoV-2 and possible aerosol transmission in Wuhan hospitals, China. National Science Review, Volume 7, Issue 12, December 2020, Pages 1865–1867
4) Ren M, Pei R, Jiangtulu B, Chen J, Xue T, Shen G, Yuan X, Li K, Lan C, Chen Z, Chen X, Wang Y, Jia X, Li Z, Rashid A, Prapamontol T, Zhao X, Dong Z, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Ye R, Li Z, Guan W, Wang B. Contribution of Temperature Increase to Restrain the Transmission of COVID-19 . Innovation (N Y). 2021 Feb 28;2(1):100071. doi: 10.1016/j.xinn.2020.100071. Epub 2020 Dec
5) Hao Haojie, Hao Sujuan, Chen Honghe, Chen Zhen, Zhang Yanfang, Wang Jun, Wang Hanzhong, Zhang Bo, Qiu Jianmin, Deng Fei, Guan Wuxiang. 2018 ,N6-methyladenosine modification and METTL3 modulate enterovirus 71 replication. Nucleic Acids Res. 2019 Jan 10;47(1):362-374
6) Xiaoqian Liu, Sujuan Hao, Zhen Chen, Huanzhou Xu, Hanzhong Wang, Min Huang, Wuxiang Guan. 2018, 5’UTR of human bocavirus capsid transcripts regulates its mRNA biogenesis and alternative translation. J Virol. 12;92(21).
7) Sujuan Hao, Junmei Zhang, Zhen Chen, Huanzhou Xu, Hanzhong Wang, Wuxiang Guan,.2017, Alternative polyadenylation of human bocavirus at its 3’ end is regulated by multiple elements and affects capsid expression. J Virol. 91(3): e02026-16.
8) Jumin Xie, Zhen Chen, Xueyan Zhang, Honghe Chen, Wuxiang Guan. 2017, Identification of an RNase that preferentially cleaves A/G nucleotides. Sci Rep. 7: 45207.
9) Huanzhou Xu, Sujuan Hao，Junmei Zhang， Zhen Chen， Hanzhong Wang，Wuxiang Guan. 2017, The formation and modification of chromatin-like structure of human parvovirus B19 regulate viral genome replication and RNA processing. Virus, Res. 232:134-138
10) Junmei Zhang, Yan Bai, Bing Zhu, Sujuan Hao, Zhen Chen, Hanzhong Wang, Wuxiang Guan. 2017, Mutations in the C-terminus of HBoV NS1 affect the function of NP1. Sci Rep. 7(1):7407.
11) Guan, W., Q. Huang, F. Cheng, J. Qiu*. 2011. Internal polyadenylation of the parvovirus B19 precursor mRNA is regulated by alternative splicing. J Biol Chem. 286(28):24793-805.
12) Guan, W., F. Cheng, Q. Huang, J. Qiu*. 2011. Inclusion of the Central Exon of Parvovirus B19 Precursor mRNA is Determined by Multiple Splicing Enhancers both in the Exon and the Downstream Intron. J Virol. 85(5):2643-8.
13) Chen AY#. W.Guan#, S. Lou, Z. Liu, S. Kleiboeker, J. Qiu*. 2010. Role of erythropoietin receptor signaling in parvovirus B19 replication in human erythroid progenitor cells. J Virol. 84(23):12385-96. (# Contribute equally)
14) Wang Q, C. Li, Q. Zhang, T. Wang, J. Li, W. Guan, J. Yu, M. Liang*, D. Li*. 2010. Interactions of SARS coronavirus nucleocapsid protein with the host cell proteasome subunit p42. Virol J. 17;7:99.
15) Chen AY, EY. Zhang, W. Guan, F. Cheng, S. Kleiboeker, TM. Yankee, J. Qiu*. 2010. The small 11 kDa nonstructural protein of human parvovirus B19 plays a key role in inducing apoptosis during B19 virus infection of primary erythroid progenitor cells. Blood. 115(5):1070-80.
16) Chen Z, W. Guan, F. Cheng, AY. Chen, J. Qiu*. 2009. Molecular characterization of human parvovirus B19 genotypes 2 and 3. Virology. 394(2):276-85.
17) Guan, W., S. Wong, N. Zhi, J. Qiu*. 2009. The genome of human parvovirus b19 can replicate in nonpermissive cells with the help of adenovirus genes and produces infectious virus. J Virol. 83(18):9541-53.
18) Sun, Y., A. Y. Chen, F. Cheng, W. Guan, F. B. Johnson, and J. Qiu*. 2009. Molecular characterization of infectious clones of the minute virus of canines reveals unique features of bocaviruses. J Virol. 83(8):3956-67.
19) Guan, W., F. Cheng, Y. Yoto, S. Kleiboeker, S. Wong, N. Zhi, D. J. Pintel, and J. Qiu*. 2008. Block to the production of full-length B19 virus transcripts by internal polyadenylation is overcome by replication of the viral genome. J Virol. 82(20):9951-63.
20) Lin, F., W. Guan, F. Cheng, N. Yang, D. Pintel, and J. Qiu*. 2008. ELISAs using human bocavirus VP2 virus-like particles for detection of antibodies against HBoV. J Virol Methods. 149(1):110-7.